This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We collect and use certain information about individuals in order to service and enable access to certain areas of this website.
What information we may gather:
- We may collect the information in the following forms:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site dealdirectblinds.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Deal Direct Blinds, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information collated for your organisation if you attend our events has been provided by your employer or a charity who you provide voluntary support for.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use this information:
We collect this data in order to help understand what your needs are in relation to the company, and enable us to deliver relevant and reliable services
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To contact and respond to a specific enquiry
- To help improve the products and services we provide
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional mailings or call you to discuss, services, offers and other relevant information that may be suitable
- To raise invoices if necessary
Who we share your Data with
In order to carry out our services we share data with:- Digital NRG who supply support applications for our business.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for any purposes not previously described or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You have the right to see what data we are retaining about you
You have the right to rectify any inaccurate date.
You have the right to restrict processing data (subject to legal requirements)
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Principles of Processing
Legitimate interests: we have a legitimate interest in collecting your IP address, browser information and device to better understand our customers as they access our website and live chat service. We have a legitimate interest in collecting your name, email address, phone number and any additional information you provide in order to be able to respond to your enquiry, messages and applications you submit via our exhibition services. We ask for your phone number and email address in case we need to reach you on one of those means and to ensure that we are able to respond to your enquiry as quickly and effectively as possible. We ask for your name so that we know who we will be contacting, to allow us to ensure we are contacting the correct person.
Legal basis for processing: – necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you (Article 6(1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation). Reason why it is necessary to perform a contract: where your message or enquiry relates to our goods and services, we will collect your information in order to enter into a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract with you. This includes the collection of your name, email address and phone number so we know who we are contracting with and so that we can provide you with the information you need in order to be able to enter into a contract with you.
How Long We Retain Your Information For.
We store the information for a maximum period of Eleven (11) years in order to defend against legal claims if you have contracted with us for our products. The reason is our goods attract a 10 year guarantee. This period is the maximum period in which a claim form can be issued and served in respect of contract and tort claims under the Limitation Act 1980 under English law.
Cookies and how we use them:
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Store information about your personal preferences. The website can then offer you with information you will find more relevant to your needs
- Analyse our web traffic using analytics software. Through aggregated usage data we can improve the website design, structure, content and functionality
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website or back office. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to our site.
- Test content on our website: For example, split testing where one sample of users may see one piece of certain information and another sample may see another piece of information.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you may have used previously.
Cookies do not retrieve information about you that is stored on your hard drive and do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files; only information that you have chosen to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
Controlling information about you:
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website we agree to never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 1916.
We will always hold your personal information securely.
To prevent the unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
All our employees and any third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 1916.
Links from our site:
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of any websites outside the www.dealdirectblinds.co.uk website. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be cautious when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
If your enquiry is dependent on location, we may also need to confirm a postcode.