What are Plantation Shutters?
Plantation Shutters are a type of window covering made from wood, vinyl and composite. The louvres are adjustable like a Venetian blind and are mounted in a solid frame. The louvres are manipulated by a tilt rod hidden at the back or in the middle of the shutter.
What are the benefits of plantation shutters?
- They are a low maintenance and contemporary alternative covering for windows and doors offering significant benefits over curtains and blinds
- They can be used to increase privacy in a home or business, improve security, to filter sunlight in or out and they are becoming more and more popular as a design statement. Plantation shutters are the window covering of choice by interior designers and people looking to add style and value to their home or business
- They are made from very high-quality materials and are available in a wide range of colours and designs to fit almost even the most difficult shaped doorway or window
- They can be round, angled and arched for windows and doors. If you have an awkward shaped window or door on an old or new property then plantation shutters can be made to measure and adapted for the interesting shapes needed for conservatories and glass roofs making the space eye-catching and chic
- The range and style of plantation shutters available means you can cover a whole or partial window or door. Partial coverings with cafe style shutters give a look of style whilst increasing both privacy and light entering the room
- They are low maintenance and extremely hard wearing
- They can increase the value of your home due to their contemporary style and light control
- They are child safe and can improve the efficiency of your home
Where can you have plantation shutters?
When closed, plantation shutters offer warmth, privacy, and a cosy feel, when open they offer a sense of space and natural light when partially open they offer privacy with no restriction to your views. Plantation Shutters are a unique and contemporary way to dress your windows and doors.
What colours do plantation shutters come in?
Plantation Shutters can be made in all types of colours; minimal white and cream or brighter colours if you are looking for a statement.
What material are plantation shutters?
Plantation shutters can come in three types of material, vinyl, composite and wood.
Are wood or vinyl shutters better?
Vinyl interior shutters won’t crack, peel, fade or deteriorate like some wood can. They are mainly flame-retardant and will insulate better than indoor wood shutters. They are easier to clean and if they are solid colour impregnated they won’t show day to day dents or scratches.
Are plantation shutters made to measure?
Yes, most plantation shutters are made to measure and can be designed to fit in the oddest shaped openings.
Do plantation shutters provide insulation?
Closing plantation shutters during the cold winter months can block drafts coming through windows, much like blinds or curtains. A lot of homes lose their heat through poorly insulated windows and doors and plantation shutters can help with this although it won’t resolve the issue completely.
Do shutters offer blackout to a room?
Nothing creates true blackout except a blackout blind however they do control the light coming into a room however you will still see light shining through the louvres even when fully shut.
What style do shutters come in?
- Tier on Tier Shutters
- Full Height Shutters
- Tracked Shutters
- Cafe Style Shutters
- Shaped Shutters
- Solid Shutters
Where can I buy plantation shutters?
Deal Direct Blinds are a family run business with over 30 years experience in the blind and canopy industry, supplying blinds and canopies to homeowners, commercial and corporate businesses across the North East and the UK. Our bespoke premiere service includes; blind maintenance, free consultation and a free fitting service for every customer. If you are looking for the perfect made to measure Plantation Blinds for your home or business, Deal Direct offer a free measuring service to ensure your shutters will fit perfectly. Our expert fitters will then come out and fit your blinds whilst you sit back and relax.
We can make “made to measure” plantation blinds and shutters for home across the North East UK, including Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Gateshead, Durham, Sunderland, Washington, Cramlington, Morpeth, Ashington, Killingworth, Whitley Bay, North Shields and South Shields.
For more information or any questions you may have, give us a call on 0191 233 0818 and one of our team will be happy to help or book an appointment for us to come out and see you. Alternatively, you can visit our supersize showroom in Gateshead where you will be inspired by our blind and shutter displays to help you make your perfect choice.